COVID 19 Updates
Dear Valued Clients,
During these troubling times we want to assure our clients that we will be keeping our practice open to provide the best care possible for your pets. We are however, taking extra precautions to insure the health and safety of our clients and staff.
We wanted to update you on the precautions we are taking to date in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic:
– Our Animal Hospital is open, offering curbside service.
– We still require cloth or surgical face masks inside the hospital and when interacting with staff outside.
– We are allowing 1 pet parent in the building for sick visits only at this time. Please still call to check in.
– Prescriptions can be picked up by entering the lobby.
– Our Feed Store is open for curbside and in-store shopping, provided you are wearing a mask.
– Our Pet Resort is open and welcoming pets & people through our doors, provided you are wearing a mask. Grooming services are also available.
– Home delivery from Sand Road to your door is available to most local areas, please inquire when you call.
– We are currently practicing curbside medicine, which means only your pet will enter the building. Upon arrival please call us at 860-824-5223 to check-in for your appointment. A member of the Client Service Team will complete a quick COVID pre-screen, verify your vehicle, collect your form of payment, and check you in. You will then speak with a member of our nursing team who will discuss the reason for today’s visit and discuss all concerns with the doctor. Your pet will then be brought in for their appointment. Once the veterinarian has completed the exam they will call you to discuss the findings of the exam and treatment plan if necessary.
– If you have a fever, feel ill or have any symptoms we ask you to please stay home. Our Client Service Team will be screening clients the day of your appointment. If you have traveled recently or have been exposed to others that may be ill, we ask that you please reschedule your routine/annual appointments 14 days out or after your fever breaks/symptoms subside.
– If your pet is sick and you have concerns about bringing them to the hospital we are offering a telemedicine option. You can download the AirVet App through your smartphone’s store (Google Play or the App Store) and request a call from your prefered veterinarian. You can also speak to a member of Client Services and they can send you a link directly to AirVet and walk you through the process
– We have advised our staff to stay home if they feel ill, have a fever, are displaying symptoms or have been exposed to anyone that may be ill.
– We have increased the frequency of our sanitation protocol across the Sand Road Campus to meet the recommendations stated by the CDC to help fight against COVID-19 and other Health Threats.
As the COVID-19 pandemic is ever changing, these standards may change over the next few months. We will communicate any significant changes to you as soon as possible. We are appreciative of your patients during this time and wish you all the best of health.